Export a Class (Reg Group) List from SIMS
If you have a two (or more) form entry school, you'll often need to be able to filter/group to individual classes as well as to each year group.
Unfortunately, SIMS does not include class information in a CTF, so Insight doesn't receive this as part of your normal process of updating pupils. However, admin users of Insight can import classes (reg groups) into Insight from SIMS by following the steps below.
- In SIMS, go to Reports and click "Create a new report" or "Design a new report".
- Select "Students" and click Next.
- In Refine Data Area, select "On roll" and click Next.
- Add "UPN" and "Reg Group" fields to be included in the report. (These are found in the "Registration..." list.) Then click Next.
- In Apply Filter, select [no filter] and click Next.
- In Define Sort Order, click Next.
- Click "Use Effective Date" and click Next.
- In Define Presentations, select "Excel" from the list and click Next.
- Click "Run my report".
- The report will open in Excel. Close the print preview and save the file.
- Upload the file to Insight, via Admin > Manage Pupils > Update Classes