Import Pupils from an Excel Spreadsheet
You can import an Excel Spreadsheet into Insight to:
- Add new pupils
- Archive pupils who've left the school
- Update FSM, Pupil Premium and SEN records
- Update contextual pupil information such as Ethnicity
- Update your classes / registration groups
1. Create your Excel Spreadsheet
Create a spreadsheet containing all your pupils. If you use SIMS, you can save your spreadsheet directly from there.
You'll need to have column headings in Row 1 and your pupil information starting in Row 2.
The following columns are required for each pupil (please note the column headings need to match exactly):
- First Name
- Last Name
- SEN Stage
These optional columns may also be included:
- Year Group
- Class/Reg Group
- Eligible for free meals
- English as additional language
- Pupil Premium
- Service Child
- End Date
An example spreadsheet is below.
2. Import your Spreadsheet into Insight
Navigate to the Admin page and choose Manage Pupils:
Click the Update Pupils button:
Click the Excel File button:
Click the Choose file button, navigate to your spreadsheet and click Open.
Once you've chosen your file, review the changes that will be made. Insight will show which pupils will be added, updated and archived (if any):
You can choose not to apply a set of changes by un-ticking in the appropriate box:
When you're ready, click Apply the Selected Changes to finish.