Importing FFT Benchmarks and Estimates
Benchmarks and estimates from FFT Aspire can be imported into Insight. The following steps outline the process.
Export your data from Aspire
- Log in to https://fftaspire.org
- Click on the down arrow icon 🡓 at the top-right of the page.
- Choose Export Benchmarks.
- Now select the Key Stage and Year you want to export.
- Next you have the option to choose the rank upon which to base your estimates. Usually the default "Use the FFT Benchmarks set by my administrator for each subject" will be fine, but you can adjust level of challenge (50, 20 or 5) .
- Tick the box to Include target grades and information.
- Click Export.
- Once the export is successful, click Go to Collect my Exports or Export another to export another file prior to downloading. The downloaded files will have names ending with ".tsv"
Import your data into Insight
- Log in to Insight Tracking
- Click Enter Data > Import FFT Benchmarks.
- Choose the file to be imported (select the downloaded ".tsv" files).
- Optionally, select which type of benchmark you have (FFT50, FFT20 or FFT5).
- Optionally, select if you want the data imported into Insight in the current year group, or at the end of the key stage.
- Click Import and wait while Insight imports the data!
Where to find your data in Insight
The data is imported into Insight with the names "FFT Benchmark" and "FFT Scaled Score Estimate".
Because they are end of key stage targets, Insight always stores them under either Y2 or Y6, with term Summer 2.